About the course
Bribery practices have caused serious social, moral, economic and political concerns, undermined good governance, hampered development and distorted competition. This practice erodes justice, undermines human rights and it is an obstacle to poverty reduction. It also increases the cost of doing business, creates uncertainty in commercial transactions and increases the cost of goods and services. Furthermore, bribery reduces the quality of products and services which can cause loss of life and property, and results in the loss of trust in institutions & disruption of fair and efficient market operations.
Laws and regulations relating to bribery have existed for a long time, namely Law No. 11 of 1980 but the law alone was not enough to solve this problem. Organisations have a responsibility to proactively fight bribery. This can be achieved with an anti-bribery management system, through leadership commitment to build a culture of integrity, transparency, openness and compliance. The nature of organisational culture is very important for the success or failure of the anti-bribery management system.
The purpose of this training course is to provide delegates who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, anti-bribery management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 37001, and to provide a basis for delegates who wish to go on to complete ABMS Auditor Training courses.
Capitalising on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions and exercises to help delegates to consolidate knowledge that are essential in the relevant roles and responsibilities.
What will you learn from the course?
On completion, successful students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of an ABMS, of ABMS standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the anti-bribery management system;
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 37001; and
- Explain the specific anti-bribery management related requirements of ISO 37001
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- General introduction
- Anti-bribery management principles and vocabulary
- Operational control
- Evaluation and improvement
What is the course methodology?
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning.
Who should take the course?
This course is specially designed for:
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility which are related to anti-bribery
- Those seeking a deeper understanding of ISO 37001 requirements prior to an auditor course
- Those who wish to explore career opportunities in management systems
It is recommended that delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a ABMS and the interrelationship between management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and improvement
- The fundamental concepts of bribery risk assessment and controls
Anti-bribery management terms and definitions
- The commonly used anti-bribery management terms and definitions
Who is the course advisor?
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements
What are the benefits of enrolling in this course?
- World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
- Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
- Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
- Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability.
Contact us for enquiries
To contact someone from TÜV SÜD, you may email us at email@example.com or call +62 21 2986 5795 / +62 21 2986 5796.
To know more about TÜV SÜD, please click here.