Global demand for water is projected to exceed supply by 40 percent in 2030. As desalination becomes a key source for clean water, Ultrafiltration (UF) / Nanofiltration (NF) / Reverse Osmosis (RO) membrane plants will be an integral part of water infrastructure worldwide. However, RO plant operation often reveals a troubled history of under delivery, interrupted production and unplanned cost increases. This is often caused due to higher consumption of energy and chemicals, event-driven unscheduled membrane replacement, degrading performance and shortened membrane lifetime. To realise the significant and sustainable optimization potential that exists in a UF / NF / RO membrane plants, deep understanding of the membrane element lifecycle is essential.
ABOUT MEMBRANE AUTOPSY
A detailed analysis of the membrane that can help to identify various causes of performance drop and action items to implement. It is like forensic analysis, help to identify culprit and gives useful recommendations. Its an effective way to increase operational performance and reduce the life cycle cost.
IMPORTANCE OF MEMBRANE AUTOPSY
Plant owners and operators face constant pressure to save costs in terms of membrane replacements, consumables, energy and labour. Moreover, utilizing common system-oriented operating KPIs is not sufficient for driving sustainable optimisation. UF / NF / RO membrane elements are critical to plant performance yet their condition is largely unknown and only indirectly measurable, as operations do not allow inspection of the complex physical-chemical processes inside the elements. This lack of comprehensive UF / NF / RO membrane condition documentation is a major disadvantage when seeking to optimise plant performance and engaging with membrane, chemical and other component suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE SHARING THROUGH COMPLIMENTARY WEBINAR
To help you understand the key concepts involved in Membrane Autopsy. During the webinar, TÜV SÜD’s expert will speak in detail about all the significant elements related to Membrane Autopsy.
Date: 8th April 2020
Time: 1:30 pm WIB
Duration: 1 Hour
Speakers: TÜV SÜD’s Experts
POINTS TO BE COVERED IN THE WEBINAR
- Introduction to Desalination
- Principles of Membrane Technology
- Membranes Today
- Common problems in water treatment
- Membrane Autopsy
- Q&A session
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS WEBINAR
- Water treatment plant owners and operators.
- Utility and plant managers from private and public sectors.
- Research and application development scientists and engineers.
- Membrane suppliers
- Chemical suppliers
- Technology providers
- Save money – with systematic UF / NF / RO plant operation and maintenance optimisation and extension of membrane life.
- Sustain performance – with in-depth operational insights of your plant, ensuring delivery of planned quantity and quality.
- Minimise risk – through increased plant production availability and reduced downtime of systems and components.
- Enjoy global support – with a worldwide network, access to leading practices in the RO sector and the best local knowledge in all key markets.
We strongly recommend that you undertake membrane autopsy. A comprehensive session with TÜV SÜD will help answer the questions and challenges you have & allow you to achieve:
- Operation optimisation
- Correct choice of chemical
- Effective cleaning strategy
- Suitable technology recommendation
To know more about our membrane services, please mail us on email@example.com.